Queer Womxn, Trans and Non-Binary artists of Black Ancestry based in the UK and Ireland, who have a body of work spanning a minimum of 3 years OR have graduated from a practice-based arts degree, to participate in a group show at Copeland Gallery London, 18th August - 3rd September 2019.
Artists will be selected by 2019’s Guest Co-Curator Deborah Joyce-Holman and a panel of established artists, curators, performers and cultural workers who we feel share our vision of uplifting our community.
Successful applicants receive an artists fee, travel and accommodation costs reimbursed (for artists outside of London) and financial support installing their work.
- An artist statement describing your practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words or in video format up to 2 minutes long)
- Between 5 to 10 images /examples of recent work in any medium with short descriptions (if necessary)
- Up to 5 supplemental documents or links (press clips, critic reviews, catalog text, videos, your own creative or analytical writing samples etc.)
- A cover letter with your name, address and contact number
- An Artist CV (optional)
Talking about your work can be tricky, so here are a few tips:
- Find the balance between a clear articulation of your creative vision and a concise “who, what, when & where” description of the process and outcomes.
- If you have any SpLDs (Specific Learning Difficulties) and are having troubles completing your application, don’t be afraid to get in touch.
- The selection panel is diverse meaning your work will be viewed through multiple experiences & lenses. So there’s no need to rely on uneccessary art world buzzwords.
- Make sure your submission is coherent to someone who doesn’t know about your work.
- Be yourself!
10th June 2019
Please send in a single PDF to: